We needed to have some pictures showing night scenes but logistics and model availability meant we could only shoot in the daytime. So what do I do? This first image was shot by the beach, in the Caribbean, at noon on a very sunny day. To achieve this look I changed the exposure setting on my camera away from what might be considered the complimentary setting for shooting in bright day light. I was going to have to do some retouching but wanted a good base image to work with. Light during nighttime often displays with a pronounced amount of blue, so capturing an image with lots of blue already in would be a good place for me to begin. So I set my camera light meter to read the light as if it was coming from a tungsten source. This would push the overall ambience toward a blue tone. However, I wanted to keep the skin tones warm and not blue. To make this happen, I shot with a speedlite and set the lighting to expose the foreground only. I also put an orange filter on the f...
Comments
Post a Comment