It's all good!

I've just had a wonderful time in the tiny Central American country of Belize. The weather was great and the beaches were wonderful making the whole experience worthy of being called Paradise.

A tree whose branches are right up by the house, regularly plays host to many birds. Especially a flock of green parrots who visit it 2 or 3 times a day to eat the fruit buds that sprout from the trees branches.

We stay at a fairly remote location when in Belize which allows us the possibility of encountering all types of wildlife. So as well as pelicans, herons, frigates, hawks and all kinds of other birds, there were armadillos, snakes, raccoons, and many other animals including a visit from a puma one night.

My stock images sold well and here you can see my first and last image sale for the month of May.
Finally, I'm also happy to report that my Tamron Di lens is repaired and back with me after 2 months at the repair center. I had dropped the lens onto a wooden floor and the auto focus and vibration controls no longer worked correctly. Also manual focus was only accurate within a limited focal range. I contacted United Camera Repairs, got a quote and boxed up the lens and sent it off to them. The lens got back to me just in time for my trip to Belize and actually works a little better than before it was dropped. They had to strip the unit down and rebuild it so I had the benefit of my lens being carefully reassembled by hand.

They have an excellent online tool for tracking progress and when I was getting anxious about timing, Jennifer Tarpening, from their customer service center, was fantastic and personalized the experience for me, including having the lens flown next day delivery to me at no additional cost. I do recommend United Cameras if you need a repair.

Ok, time to do more shooting now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

There must be a way out of all of this