And that was September

First and last picture sales for the month of September
For some reason I had been thinking that September would be a little quiet for me giving me time to concentrate on getting more new content uploaded to the stock image libraries I contribute to. But, and I'm not complaining, the work kept on coming.

I did extend my work days anyway because I felt it was still important to increase the images I have with the stock libraries. Sales are consistent and so it makes sense that the way to keep sales increasing is to increase the quantity of images I have on the various sites. I currently contribute to 12 stock image libraries! Microstock, Royalty Free and Rights Managed are all catered for and I have seen sales every weekday of the month and increasingly at weekends too.

Included in the work I'm shooting for clients is a regular creation of portraits. I keep on looking at ways that I can make the portraits more than just a picture and am currently having success exploring a take on occupational/recreational portraits. To show you what I mean, here is an image from a portrait session I shot in September of a woman who is exploring her expression through art.


Tomorrow I'm leading a photowalk in the Castro as part of Worldwide Photowalk 2011 And then on Monday I kick off October with a full week of Product photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

There must be a way out of all of this