Another levitation

You've seen lots of "levitation" images and many of you have probably created your own by now.
I created the image above for a Holiday Card. During their family shoot on the streets, mum suddenly asked if there was any way we could achieve a shot with her son floating with his balloons.

I had no tripod or assistant along with me but after a quick glance around, this came together in my mind.

First off I took a photo to set up the position of Mom and her son "floating off".
As you can see I coached my clients to become actors for a while and they delivered a great Oscar seeking performance.
The second and final part of the image was a shot of Dad looking up at his "floating" offspring. As mentioned earlier, I had no tripod to lock the camera down with so I was shooting while sitting on the sidewalk and trying to direct the family between the 2 shots without moving the camera too much.

Inevitably there was some movement of the camera in between shots but with a little work in photoshop to match the 2 frames by distorting the images to suit I was able to create a seamless final image. Finally there was some more retouching to remove Dad's hands from his child's body and then some toning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

Don't Believe The Hype