It's an engaging summer


You've probably noticed it yourself too, everyone's getting engaged this summer! This has contributed to keeping me busy, recording special moments for romantic couples.

While I was out with these newly engaged people, I noticed this truck at the roadside (well it was difficult to miss!) and the driver looked like he was going to be busy there for a while. So I approached him and asked if we could use his cab for a few shots and he smiled and said yes.

I asked him to shut the engine off before my client climbed into the cab. You know, just in case :)

It was still early in the afternoon so the sun was still quite high. Many of the shots were made with the aid of a reflector and I used a polarizing filter to stop the colours from being washed out.

Once again the couple were great to work with and as we conversed as we did the shoot, they became more and more relaxed and willing to try different scenarios for their photo compositions.

Kudos to Marco for agreeing to do a flying kick numerous times to get this shot on what turned out to be one of San Francisco's hotter days. And bravo to his fiancée who stood her ground and didn't flinch as he went flying through the air toward her!

I did give them a break after this display of martial arts at the same time looking around me to see what the next shots would be once Marco had his breath back :)

And even though this shot of them crossing the road looks simple enough, we were in reality competing with traffic for much of the time. Again, this couple were un-phased and repeatedly marched across the street for me until I was happy we had the right shot. By the time we were done, we noted that onlookers had stopped to try and work out what we were doing. Looks like they found the whole thing totally engaging!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

Don't Believe The Hype