My August assignments calendar was really hot...


The month of August simply flew by during which time I enjoyed working on a nice range of photography assignment types. 

Setting up the lighting for a group photo
There was a lot of range in the temperature, locations, and environments too. In Washington State and Idaho temperatures were in the upper 90s, while some of the work I shot in San Francisco was windy, cold, and foggy. There were Graduate shoots, a wedding, event shoots, portraits, product, and some news coverage in the mix of work for the month.

I had one couple who left their sunny home town in the South Bay area to have their photo-session done on the Marin Headlands just by the Golden Gate Bridge. Well San Francisco Bay threw one of it's regular curve balls. 

The fog came down and the wind picked up and the cold breath of the Pacific Ocean clung to the hills. Although we had to work fast, (my clients only had a light summer dress for her, and short sleeved shirt and shorts for him), the combining elements actually made for some great atmospherics. With the help of my Speedlites we got some great shots.

One assignment that really touched me was a 50th Wedding Anniversary I was hired to do. When the couple got married 50 years ago, they were working really hard to get by and had a really simple wedding. They couldn't afford to hire a photographer at that time and have only 3 photos of their day that were taken by someone who knew them. 

The bride had kept the figurines that were on the top of their cake and used them for a second time for the cake on this their 50th year of Marriage. So 50 years later, I was privileged to be able to give them a full set of "Wedding" photos with the original centerpiece from the original day.


Alamy invited me to be a live news contributor to their library a few months ago and I covered 2 small news events here in San Francisco

I got through a good number of Family portrait sessions, a few of which were combined with Graduate shoots. So far all the families I've worked with have been so much fun and the sessions don't even feel like I'm working. 
One of the weddings I shot was a completely new experience for me too. I'd never witnessed "Jumping the Broom" and it was to be the finale of the marriage ceremony on the beach at Rockaway.

First and last stock image sales for August
Well we're into September now and the month is already well booked. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

AI AI, Oh!