Reality Check And Choices.

...things to do while practising isolation.
Hoax or Real,
Pandemic or Conspiracy,
New Corona Virus or Flu,
Vaccine or Herd Immunity,
Mask or No Mask,
Stay At Home or Business As Usual,
Essential or Non Essential,
Life or Death.
The Red Pill or The Blue Pill...

Some of my friends from time to time have described situations as being "clear as mud." With the plethora of advice, voices, theories, and increasing angst, our 2020 vision seems to have become as clear as mud - which in turn makes good choices just a tiny bit harder at times.
The main image for this piece is an afternoon shot taken on our beach. To get the shadow contrast I wanted I spot metered the the areas of sand that were catching the sunlight. 

Next I cut a pair of flaps in the sky by manipulating the image on my computer and then painting in shadow and light to enhance the effect.

Back in the house I took a selfie and posed in a position that I thought would match the 'tear' I had created in the sky. The selfie is a simple shot using the on-camera flash to get some highlights. Once the selfie had been cut out from the background, I felt it worked better in the space when flipped horizontally.

To blend the image into the main scene, more shadows have been painted in, reflections painted in the water, and then the yellow pills have been repainted to be blue and red respectively.

Later on I added the flying pelicans from my library of shots that I have taken here in Belize.

To finish off I added one more selfie in a yellow shirt to complete the scene.


Main Image
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/4
  • Focal length 17mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/1600
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • No Flash fired 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

There must be a way out of all of this