The sun came back to town

After many days of rain it was wonderful to be out in the sunshine again. I'd been to the gym and now I was walking along Market Street. There was a gap in the steady procession of pedestrians and I found myself caught in a smile with the guy selling the Street Sheet Newspaper who was standing on the sidewalk.

I walked over to him and asked how he was doing. Not surprisingly he told me that times were hard but he was hopeful that his fortunes would be changing around April time. I was interested to hear his story and he was happy to be exchanging conversation outside on this glorious day.

It turns out that Leroy was originally from Jamaica and had spent some time in the UK and the Caymans before coming to the USA. Things had been good until a few months ago when his employment took a hit under the constraints of the economy. But Leroy has a plan and a very realistic and workable one, and I'm fairly convinced that he's going to be just fine.

He's a thoroughly interesting and humble individual and I spent about a half hour talking with him. Even if the sun hadn't come back to town today, the time I spent chatting with Leroy would have still brightened my day. As I left him, he was kind enough to let me take this portrait of him.

Wishing you success Leroy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

Don't Believe The Hype