Pop the question,


A company named Proposal Perfect hired me to cover a proposal (well what else?, I hear you say) for one of their clients. The girlfriend had no idea it was going to happen on this day so the brief to me was to cover the whole event as best possible without giving the surprise away. The location was Hawk Hill from where you have amazing views over the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. It's a popular spot with sightseers and photographers so I wouldn't stand out holding a camera up there.

I included a long zoom lens in my kit for the day so I was able to spot and isolate the couple from the time they arrived in the area.

It was beautiful day and Alyssa, from Proposal Perfect, had a surprise picnic set up on a quiet spot high up on the hill with a hamper, balloons, and champagne!

As the couple moved passed me and on to the picnic spot, I followed them over the hill and blended in with the surroundings as much as I could. The girlfriend seemed surprised and delighted at the sight of the picnic but still didn't know what else was in store for her just yet.

I carried on working from my distant position and even managed to capture the ring being presented in it's open case as the hero for the day got down on one knee. I've seen that moment hundreds of times but it's still an "aaww" moment!

After his proposal had been delivered and accepted, the pop of a champagne cork echoed across the hill for a few moments followed by chuckles, laughter, and much kissing. Me, I kept on doing my job, slowly moving closer and closer to the couple.


Once they had toasted each other I moved in even closer and at this point Mr. Fiancé pointed me out to Miss Fiancée. Her face filled with even more delighted surprise.

And then before they got stuck into their picnic and continued to luxuriate in the sumptuousness of their day, I did a quick photo session for them.

Alyssa had been waiting below the hill and had even been able to see some of the photo session from where she was positioned in the road below. As soon as I was finished I sent her a text letting her know it had all gone well for everyone.

I met her halfway down the hill on my way back to the car and compared notes before wrapping up for the afternoon. They had seemed a really genuine and lovely couple who we had both enjoyed working with. I wish them every good thing for their lives together!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

There must be a way out of all of this