All that glitters isn't gold,


Recently I shot some more jewelry for Shiny Trinket. The items were rings, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. The style was to be clean and clear to match my existing photography on their site.

Bracelets.
Bracelets ranged through metals, gems, to leather. Some were loosely created while others had rigid forms. They were mostly shot in my Light Tent but some were also done in the open studio on a model. In the light tent I've shot macro using my Nikkor 60mm lens with varying apertures between f/22 and f/36. The studio shots are using a 35mm Nikkor lens stopped down to f/22 for the product shot and a 50mm Nikkor lens stopped down to f/8 for the modeled shots.

Rings.
To control reflections and create even, wraparound lighting, I shoot items like this in a light tent. I'll also add some flags or reflectors to get the highlights and shadow to appear where I want them to.
I shot macro using a Nikkor 60mm lens stopped down to f/36 in order to manage the depth of field. The shutter speed was kept at 1/125 throughout the job.

There is also a banner shot that I made up of three rings together and then there are the shots with a model wearing the rings. The model shots are shot with a 50mm Nikkor lens stopped down to f/8

Earrings.
Again shot inside a light tent and suspended from very fine twine to avoid creating a background which means there is no need to make cut-outs from the photography. As with the rings, I shot macro using a Nikkor 60mm lens stopped down to Nikkor 60mm lens stopped down to f/36 to manage the depth of field. Additional lighting was directed into the background of each shot.

Necklaces.
These are shot laid down and arranged in the light tent and then lit to minimize shadows. Afterward I shot them placed on a mannequin to show the real-life scale of each piece. Tent shots are Nikkor 60mm lens stopped down to f/36. and the mannequin shots are with my 35mm Nikkor at f/22.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

AI AI, Oh!