Drinking to your health.

...things to do while practising isolation.
Comments about possible explorations for cures for the Covid19 virus, made by the leader of a large country, got this image taking shape in my head as I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I knew exactly what I was going to do to bring the image in my mind into fruition.

I opened the refrigerator to get some soda cans together to set up the shot. However, as we are currently in a state of emergency, I found we had already finished off all our cans of soda drinks except for one can of San Pellegrino. Not to worry — just need to do a little extra work.

Locking the camera down on a tripod allowed me to take eight exposures of the same can, while changing it's position in each exposure to simulate multiple cans positioned next to each other.

Once I had all eight shots, I transferred the files to my computer and merged the shots together to get the final cluster of cans that I wanted.

Next I made some text changes and slight modifications to a Dettol and Lysol label. Now it was just a process of warping my modified labels to the images of the cans in my composition. To finish off the image I added some shading and highlights to the new labels.

Main Image
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/5.6
  • Focal length 38mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/4
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • No additional lighting used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

Don't Believe The Hype