Endangered Species

...things to do while practising isolation.
There is a local online news outlet named Breaking Belize News that I styled this image after as a spoof posting. The State Of Emergency and it's limitations to free movement means that in spite of being in what looks like paradise, we are not at liberty to go and enjoy it. Instead we are mandated to stay at home, and sometimes I can't help wondering if this is what it's like for some zoo animals.

We are allowed to be out for exercise on foot in the mornings and we use this time to walk and run our dogs. As we arrived back at our home, I asked my wife to quickly pose for the image that had finally come together in my mind.

Working digitally, I turned my wife's shirt into a robe with a sort of belt and then re-illustrated her head to an alien shape with blue tones. I also recoloured her hand. Next I drew a metal sign attached to the gate with the words 'Endangered Species'.

Finally I drew an interactive display panel to place into the composition. A little glow is added to the buttons and then I added a support bar seemingly attaching the panel to the gate.

When shooting the base image, a speedlite was fired to give the foreground contrast and definition.



Main Image
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/5.6
  • Focal length 17mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/60
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • Flash fired - 1 speedlite.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

AI AI, Oh!