Dawg Fight

... things to do while practising isolation.

Because of the quarantine restrictions I have no-one to spar with during my boxing sessions. During a normal session, sometimes the dogs come and play along with us while we are training. Especially Jazz who likes to join in when we are trading punches sometimes. So I had this idea for an image.


As most of these are, it's another selfie. I got Jazz to stand on his hind legs and then helped him to position his paws the way I wanted them.

Once I had that shot, I was able to look at it so that I could position myself to compliment the position and pose that Jazz was in. The exposures were all made with a remote trigger so that I didn't need to move out of the correct position once I had found it.

It was a little tricky operating the trigger with boxing gloves but I managed to find a way of holding and operating it that worked out.


In the frame that I finally chose, Pepper was fortunately also in the right position for what I ha in mind. To finish off, I added some more shadowing and took a picture of a pair of children's boxing gloves which I then comped onto Jazz' paws.


























Main Image:
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/4.5
  • Focal length 17mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/320
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • Flash fired (1 light set-up)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

AI AI, Oh!