Cake Raid

... things to do while practising isolation

My wife had just baked some banana bread and it was cooling in the kitchen as the late evening sunlight streamed through the window. The light reminded me of an Indiana Jones type of scene.

The main background shot which, I will likely be also making available as a stock image through some of the online collections I subscribe to, is shot using a tripod at just a little above eye level. Focus and exposure has also been set and locked down. To get the strong contrasting light, I spot metered the light to get the exposure I wanted.

This is another selfie and to achieve the body position I needed, I hung from a ladder set up in the living room. There is a single speedlight positioned to the right of the camera and the exposure was made using the self timer on the camera.

I made a cut-out of myself and comped it into the main image, adjusting the tone and shading as needed, then I painted in the reflections and shadow below me and on the side of the plastic surface to the right of me.

And finally I added the type.

Main Image:
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/7.1
  • Focal length 19mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/8
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • Flash fired (1 light set-up)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

There must be a way out of all of this