Out of this world — Earth Day 2020

This image was created for a motorcycle adventure tour business in Belize. It was used as marketing and awareness imagery on Earth Day 2020. 

This was also put together during a national quarantine period so working with models was not an option. Using my bike and myself as a model, I was able to work around the situation.
Without a telescope, and unable to travel into space to shoot planetary photos for myself, I made some royalty free image purchases from Shutterstock's online image library. Halos were added and a Belize flag placed onto the image of planet Earth.

For the two selfies I took, the camera was set up and locked down on a tripod. I also placed one speedlite at 45º left of the scene, and one speedlite at 25º to the right of the scene. I shot in the shade so that I could achieve good contrast with the lighting for punchy images. Exposures were fired with a remote trigger.

I changed jackets between the two shots to help create the illusion of separate riders in the final image. Both bike and rider shots were carefully cut out. the helmet colour on one shot is changed to red and the pants of the other shot have been changed to a red colour. To finish off there is some shadow and tone adjustments to both cut outs after they have been positioned into the composition.
Finally a holographic sign is included to tie the concept all together.

Rider Images
  • Location: Sittee Point, Belize.
  • Camera: Nikon DSLR, crop frame.
  • F number: f/7.1
  • Focal length 29mm APS lens
  • Exposure: 1/25
  • ISO: 100
  • Manual
  • Flash fired - 2 speedlites.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Size Matters

Creating May The Fourth

AI AI, Oh!